Monday, January 28, 2008

It's the little things....

So anyone in Nashville knows how ridiculously cold it's been this month. A few nights ago, it was raining, and when I parked for the night I forgot to turn off my wipers. So of course, the next morning, I run out to the car. It's like, -17 or something, and the dew and rain from the night before have given my car a fun little ice coat. So I turn the car on, and in addition to all the fun little sounds my car usually makes when it's cold out, I hear a horrible scrape on my windshield. Basically, my windshield wiper had frozen and busted off and flown off onto the sidewalk. Now I'm reasonably used to things falling off of my car, exploding, snapping, etc, so it didn't really freak me out too much. I just threw it in my passenger seat and went about my business.

Now this weekend, it stayed dry. Yay God. This morning, however, I leave my apartment and see an unnerving amount of gray in the sky. So I go to the Shel service station today between classes to get my wiper fixed. I'd put it off, because if any of you know me at all, you're probably aware of my luck with cars. Pretty much, I break them and it's really expensive. So I had basically convinced myself that I was going to have to track down an entire wiper assembly for my 16 year old monstrosity of a vehicle. But anyway, cute old Shell guy sends me to O'Reilly to buy the part that I managed to break. This is my favorite part of this story. It cost me $1.63.

Yes, one dollar and sixty three cents. When has that ever happened to me? Pretty much NEVER. So yes, this was a great start to my week... life is good.

No comments: