Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My trip.

So I pretty much got to see everyone I needed to see. Not everyone, of course, because that never happens, there are always a few people that I just can't seem to get together with. But this was so good. I am reminded every time I come back here that this is where my heart is. This is where my "family" is (biological and otherwise...), and it's hard for me to fathom wanting to be anywhere else at this point in my life. I need to finish up Belmont and get back here and start on the rest of my life. I'm newly motivated, and so rejuvenated by my time here. I don't want to leave tomorrow.

I get to get back to Belmont, start in on a new job, and buckle down for 8 more months. Then I'm done with college forever, and can FINALLY be on to next. Lately I have been struggling with feeling left behind by my friends. So many are moving on to the next chapter of their lives and I'm stuck in school, struggling to get by, taking any job I can. When I put it in perspective, I realize that I have had much more to do to survive than the average college student, and that it's okay that I have had to take time off every now and then. In the grand scheme of things, graduating at 24 is not a big deal. I always thought I'd be 22 like everyone else, but I also didn't plan on working full time and interning my entire way through college either. Such is life.

Life is good now. I'm ready to wrap up this chapter of my life. I love Nashville. My years there have been great. I wouldn't trade them for anything. But I don't think I belong there long term. I will miss my life there a lot, no question. But my life is here, and I don't see myself being anywhere else.

No comments: