Sunday, December 9, 2007

Crazy little thing called love...

The title of this alone should make you laugh if you know me. Who the heck is she to talk about relationships??

No one, obviously, I don't know anything. But since for the first time in a long time I'm not revolted by the idea of allowing a man into my life, I've been thinking a lot about them. And being surrounded by couples every day gives me a perpetual reminder of what I don't have in my life.

Some of it, I am okay with missing out on.

My best friend had one of the more telling non-relationships. (Here's your post, B, you know what I'm talking about)... and reminded me of exactly what I don't want in a guy. If he doesn't call, or jump at the chance to spend time with me, or at least act interested in what I have to say, then I deserve better. Pretty basic, right? You'd think.

What is it that makes girls feel like they need to direct guys toward themselves? Girls, we do it constantly, whether we are actually interested in the guy or not. Whether it's with what we wear, what we say, how we approach them, our motives for calling/ texting/ facebooking/ contacting in any way, etc. Basically, we want them to find us interesting.

Maybe that's because that's the way God designed us. We are supposed to be the pursued. Sometimes I think in our desire to be pursued, we become the pursuers, and end up angry or hurt when things don't pan out. No one wins.

Girls, am I wrong? Is this just me?

I'm in the process of letting God take over in that department... because let's face it, I don't even have a track record to damage at this point.

No comments: