Saturday, April 26, 2008

Don't Let The Weasel Pigs Bite!

I love kids.  I love babysitting.  Seriously.  Quitting serving to chase babies was one of the best moves I've made in a while.  No, I don't have as much money.  But I have my sanity.  Shut up, I do.  I am a lot meaner when I'm hustling tables.

I actually think I'm going to miss this gig when I have to get a big girl job.  I can handle the digging for worms, playing endless games of Dora Candyland, watching obscene amounts of Disney channel, and even changing diapers.  Pretty sure I've developed a mom-like tolerance for bodily fluids at this point. 

I can even handle juggling dozens of bedtime routines.  I like reading stories, or letting the older kids read to me.  I don't even mind getting showed up at Xbox or various sports by 5 year olds.  Being able to have picnics in the yard, eat mac & cheese and hot dogs, chase butterflies and bunnies, throw balls straight up just to see how high I can make them go, and listening to 5 year olds play songs on the piano that they have picked out themselves is worth the occasional awkward family or baby that won't stop screaming.

 It keeps me in check.  It's hard to take yourself too seriously when you're making caterpillars out of Floam or hiding out in a castle of couch cushions and blankets.

No comments: