1. Lifting up every single rock in your yard and your neighbors yards to see what lives under them is clearly the best way to start outside time. (PS, Tennessee has some of the largest critters you've ever seen.)
2. Big black birds sit on the other side of the fence and plot attacks against unsuspecting robins.
3. We HAVE to put birdseed all over the lawn and in bowls on the deck or every bird will starve.
4. Sitting on the deck and screaming "TWEET TWEET!" to the tune of Mary Had A Little Lamb will make the birds come join our picnic.
5. Planting a feather in a pot will grow birds.
6. All "big orange bees" (aka wasps) can be defeated with daddy's hat.
7. OBVIOUSLY holly bushes are too prickly for robins to make nests in, so it doesn't make sense to look under them for robin eggs. Duh.
8. Hot dogs in ranch dressing and a peanut butter sandwich is the best lunch ever.
9. The big black bird with a bluish neck is a nickel. Definitely not a grackle.
10. Striped plastic dinosaurs must have an afternoon snack of hanging ferns before you can lay down for your rest. Which by the way, is "stinky".