Monday, April 21, 2008

Mud, Sweat, and the Mafia...

I hate working out.  A lot.  Basically it's the process of going to the gym.  Probably because it's outside and I don't have to be in the presence of those "gym people".  Or the bacteria-ridden equipment.  However, hiking I can do all the time.  I get to be outside and be with friends and my dog and spend as much time as I want playing in the woods.  Four of us hiked Saturday morning, pit bull and basenji pulling us the entire way.  The last 2.5 miles were definitely in the rain, and basically, I didn't care. It was still fabulous.  Even though I had mud up to my knees and both dogs had a panic attack.  Apparently they melt in the rain - must have some gremlin in them.

Yesterday was even more perfect.  Nicole joined us for our incredible Sunday morning routine, which was followed by Tony's senior recital photo shoot.  Here's a preview of the results...
Mafia much? Godfather style rings and all...  

And there might be nothing I love more than Sunday afternoon cookouts.  My life is good.

No comments: